The Fashion Buyer is responsible for purchasing, specifically for fashion collections at showrooms or wholesale outlets of fashion houses or manufacturing companies, and then reselling them in their own store or one that has been managed by them.
This profession is absolutely dynamic, you travel a lot and you must have two cores: the first oriented towards the organization and evaluation of the best value for money, the second, creative, open to new trends and to identify what the taste of clientele. The Buyer must know how to manage the available budget over a rather large period of time in order to be able to distribute the purchases over the season. For this reason, it is essential they have a perfect knowledge of textile and material products, fabric design, tailoring, fashion design and graphics; he must also have some notions of production processes and times, of commercial contracts, of budget management techniques.
The FASHION BUYER Online Master is aimed at those who work in the Buying Offices of the fashion system and wish to implement their methodological and analytical skills; it is also suitable for those who work in the fashion sector in other roles and have the desire to fill the position of buyer or merchandiser.
The Master consists of 60 h totally customizable according to your availability and those of the teachers.
The specialization program is an intensive course that touches on all the topics of the current Buying. During the Master the candidate will learn to identify macro-trends and upcoming fashion trends, through an in-depth examination of the fashion shows, presentations, and through significant insights into the market and socio-cultural consumer trends.
• The role of the Fashion Buyer in the fashion system
- The Economic Role
- The Social Role Buying & Merchandising
- The Buying Office structure
- Skills, Negotiation & Team Building
• Fashion System and its protagonists
- The Fashion System supply chain
- The protagonists of the Fashion System
- The management of creativity
• The Humanistic Skills of the Buyer Fashion
- Notes on the History of Fashion and Costume
- Sociology of Fashion Consumption
The Economic Skills of the Buyer
- Fashion Branding
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Targeting
- Trend Research
• The Technical Skills of the Buyer
- Cultura Tessile
- Fashion Product
- Merchandising Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Omnichannel distribution & Visual Merchandising
- Digital Tools
• Omnichannel Buying: Tools and Techniques
- Philosophies and modalities of Buying
- The techniques of a Buyer from the Italian
- The briefing
- Building information
- Building the Asset
- Budgeting Techniques
• Strategies for Approaching Brands
- The Fashion Show: Analysis techniques
- Brands support and management strategies
- The Showroom: The figures present
- The Collection: Selection techniques
- How to draw up an order
- Delivery times
- Post Delivery Activities
• Future Trends in the Fashion Buyer profession
• Final project
The main requirements for accessing the educational path are the age of majority and a high school diploma of any address. The candidate will then be evaluated through a motivational interview.
Diploma di Qualifica Professionale*
Attestato Certificato Internazionale **
*I Percorsi di studio sono accreditati da Regione Lombardia in base all’accordo Stato/Regione. Viene rilasciato un Attestato di Qualifica Professionale con logo di Regione Lombardia valido in Italia, Europa e per titoli e gradi nel resto del mondo, in quanto qualifica riconosciuta attraverso il sistema EQF (European Qualification Framework - Quadro Europeo delle Qualifiche).
**Attestato Certificato con valore legale Internazionale (UNI EN ISO 9001/2015 settore EA37) che identifica lo standard della formazione ed istruzione riconosciuta a livello qualitativo.